Check out the below update regarding Dynamics 365 in Customer source.
Some Key Points:
- Dynamics 365 – Enterprise Edition will be available as the Enterprise cloud ERP starting 1st November, 2016.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX (AX 7) will become the Operations application for Enterprises within Dynamics 365(Enterprise Edition)
- Ongoing updates to the cloud ERP service will be releases, like any other Microsoft Service gets updates.
- Along with the Microsoft Dynamics AX (AX 7), Check out some of the other significant offerings in Dynamics 365 – Enterprise edition. which are Dynamics CRM online, Common Data Model, Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow etc. and evaluate what they could mean to you.
- With Dynamics 365, customers will have the option to either adopt the cloud , or for customers willing run the ERP in their own data centers, they will have the option of a Hybrid cloud deployment (Important Note: The availability of the Hybrid cloud is still TBD and dates are yet to be confirmed by Microsoft). Good news is, customers willing to run their operations in their own data centers will still have the power to connect to the cloud services such as PowerApps, Flow, Power BI, IoT and more.
- Mainstream support for Dynamics AX 2009 available till April 2018.
- Mainstream support for Dynamics AX 2012 R3 available till April 2021.